UPSC Syllabus: Here in this post we are sharing UPSC syllabus pdf 2018. Here we are provided the information about Union public services commission (UPSC) civil services syllabus and also UPSC exam pattern. We are providing details about UPSC Syllabus 2018 and Exam Pattern, Latest Civil Services Exam Paper 2018-19. The UPSC examination is conducted for the recruitment of IAS/IPS/IFS/IRS and other Central Government Group A and B officers. The UPSC syllabus divided into three categories
How is the UPSC Syllabus useful?
The UPSC Syllabus will be useful for who are preparing for IAS/IPS/IFS/IRS and Group A, Group B officers.
With this help of UPSC, syllabus candidates can understand how to prepare for the exam and they have an idea about an exam.
UPSC Syllabus for Preliminary:
The Preliminary syllabus is mainly designed to assess a candidate’s comprehension of current affairs and aptitude with the stipulated time. The preliminary paper is a compulsory qualifying paper.
IAS Preliminary Exam for 2018 is scheduled on 3rd June 2018
UPSC syllabus for Preliminary GS Paper1:
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
UPSC syllabus for Preliminary GS Paper2(CSAT):
- 1 UPSC syllabus for Preliminary GS Paper2(CSAT):
- 2 UPSC syllabus for Mains:
- 3 UPSC Preliminary Exam pattern:
- 4 About UPSC Preliminary Exam:
- 5 UPSC Syllabus Pdf Previous year question Papers:
- 6 UPSC Exam Eligibility Criteria:
- 7 Any Indian with any degree from [for IAS and IPS]
- 8 UPSC Exam Age limit:
- 9 Points to remember before attending UPSC Exam:
- 10 Related Articles:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level).
- Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. (Class X level).
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
UPSC syllabus for Mains:
The main syllabus is basically designed to judge a candidate academic expertise in his/her specialized subject. The syllabuses also focus on testing aspirants ability to present knowledge in a clear and coherent manner.
The main examination has 9 papers and the syllabus designed according to the subjects specified. The preliminary and mains syllabus is designed for the written test. Candidates who emerge successful in the preliminary and Main examination, can appear for the interview.
UPSC Preliminary Exam pattern:
|UPSC preliminary Exam paper||Duration||Number of questions||Marks|
|GS Paper 1||2 Hours||100||200|
|GS paper 2(This paper is qualifying in nature, Candidate need to score 33% marks)||2 Hours||80||200|
About UPSC Preliminary Exam:
- The UPSC Preliminary Exam has two papers of 200 marks each
- Both question papers are objective type
- The General Studies Paper 2 of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%
- Duration of each paper will be two hours
- The question paper in two languages i.e. Hindi and English
- Blind candidates and the candidates with Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy, where dominant (wilting) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function (minimum of 40% impairment), will be allowed an extra time of twenty minutes per hour for each paper.
- The negative marking in UPSC preliminary exam for every wrong answer deducts one-third mark from the correct answer.
UPSC Syllabus Pdf Previous year question Papers:
Click on the download link for UPSC previous question papers (IAS/IPS) from 2014 to 2017
UPSC preliminary previous question paper
UPSC Preliminary question paper 2017
UPSC Preliminary question paper 2016
UPSC Preliminary question paper 2015
UPSC Preliminary question paper 2014
UPSC Exam Eligibility Criteria:
Any Indian with any degree from [for IAS and IPS]
- Any of the universities incorporated by an act of central or state legislature in India.
- Other educational institutions established by the act of parliament.
- Or a deemed university as per section 3 of university grants commission act, 1965.
- Posses an equivalent qualification.
- Final year students and candidates awaiting results can also apply. Results need to submit at the time of filing application for mains exam and No percentage required.
UPSC Exam Age limit:
The minimum age limit is 21 years. Age limit is calculated as on 1st of August every year which exam take place.
|Category||Upper age limit||Number of attempts|
|Citizen of Jammu and Kashmir||
|Defense personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with foreign countries or disturbed area||
Points to remember before attending UPSC Exam:
1) UPSC prelims exam is common for both civil services and Indian forest services
2) For blind Candidates 20 minutes extra time per hour provided
3) It is mandatory to appear for both GS1&GS2 papers
4) If you have appeared in only one paper, it will be counted as one attempt.
- Company Secretary Course Details
- CUCET Question Papers 2018
- CA IPCC Admit Card May 2018
- NCVT MIS Admit Card 2018
I hope you may get the complete information about UPSC Syllabus Pdf, Exam pattern, eligibility and previous exam papers. If you like our articles please share with your friends and social media sites. As a result, if you get doubt about UPSC syllabus and exam pattern comment below. Visit our Exameveryday website for more interesting exam updates and results.